Awesome Image

PGWP(Post Graduation Work Permit)

Graduate students may obtain a Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) of one to three years after successfully completing their studies. To qualify for PGWP, you must:

  • Have continuously studied full time in Canada and you must have completed a program of study that lasted at least eight months.
  • Graduated from a recognized educational institution in Canada.
  • Must apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation (for example, a transcript or an official letter) from your institution indicating that you have met the requirements for completing your academic program.
  • You must have completed and passed the program of study and received a notification that you are eligible to obtain your degree, diploma, or certificate.
  • You must have a valid study permit when you apply for the work permit.

Apply for Permanent Residence After Graduation:

Studying in Canada brings an advantage for the international students under federal and provincial immigration categories to apply for permanent residency.

LMIA(Labour Market Impact Assessment)

An employer hiring a foreign laborer will present an application for a LMIA which will render either positive or negative outcomes. A positive LMIA will show that there is a requirement for an outside laborer to fill the activity and that no Canadian specialist is accessible to carry out the responsibility. A positive LMIA is here and there called an affirmation letter. It consists of 3 programs.

1. Federal Skilled Trade Program

The employer must be offering a job that is for:
  • NOC skill level B
  • Full time hour
  • At least one year

2.Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

The employer must be offering a job that is for:
  • NOC level A and B
  • Full time hour (30 hours per week)
  • Permanent
  • Non seasonal

3.Federal Skilled Worker Program

The employer must be offering a job that is for:
  • For higher skilled positions.
  • Full time hour (30 hours per week)
  • Permanent
  • Non seasonal


Employer who wants to hire a foreign worker must submit the LMIA application along with all supporting documents.
LMIA application required documents:
  • LMIA application form (EMP5593)
  • Job offers
  • Proof of business legitimacy
  • Proof of advertisement.

All the required documents should be submitted the employer to the service Canada center.

Awesome Image

Spousal Open Work Permit

Spouses or common-law partners of the international students may be eligible for open work permits if:

  • They are a full-time student at a public post-secondary institution, such as a college or university or college (CEGEP) in Quebec.
  • A private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as a public institution and receives at least 50 percent of its financing for its overall operations from government grants (currently, only private college-level educational institutions in Quebec qualify) or.
  • A Canadian private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees.
  • They have a valid study permit. Work permits are valid for the same period as your study permit.

To learn if you are eligible to apply to this program, please CONTACT US and one of our licensed Canadian immigration consultants will schedule a call to answer all your question about WORK IN CANADA